- Download the designer
- Launch the Designer
- On a Mac, Shift-click on the downloaded JAR file and click
'Open', then click 'Open' again on the dialog that appears. (More information on Mac OS security here)
- On Linux or Windows: Double-click on the downloaded JAR file.
(If double-click launching isn't set up, then run this command:
java -jar scram.jar
NOTE: To save your modlet, you need to log in to the ScraM
server first to learn your ScraM password
When the Designer first launches it will ask for your Minecraft user
name. You must use the username you use in Minecraft, but for the
password use the ScraM password
from the ScraM
server. (If you don't have it, just type '.forgotpassword' in chat.)
In the main Designer screen you use two main techniques:
- Drag-and-drop to add and remove blocks
- Drag blocks from the palette (on the left) into your
modlet (on the right).
- Drag blocks from the modlet onto the trash (in the lower
left) to discard them.
- Drag chains around on the modlet to reposition them.
- Right-click to edit blocks
- Right click to open the block properties. (Tap with 2
fingers on a Mac.)
- Edit the values for the block
- Click OK when done.
For more information, read the detailed documentation: